I just bought a $329 Nvidia RTX 3060 for $329, and all I had to do was wait nine months in line

Photo by Sean Hollister / The Verge

Nearly nine months ago, Nvidia said it would launch its most affordable RTX 3000 graphics card yet — the $329 RTX 3060. Good luck actually finding one at that price, right? That’s why I subtitled my review “$329 with an asterisk sign.” And sure enough, they were nigh-impossible to find on launch day for Nvidia’s sticker price.

But that same day, February 25th, I signed up for EVGA’s graphics card waiting queue on a whim. And after waiting in that queue for so long that I completely forgot I ever signed up, I got a surprise. On Monday, I received an email from EVGA letting me know I could actually purchase that $329 card for $329.

So I did. Yesterday afternoon, a brand-new RTX 3060 arrived for $379.41 after tax and shipping. That’s a...

Continue reading…



source https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776567/evga-line-queue-to-get-nvidia-rtx-3000-graphics-card-works

Comments